Monday, July 18, 2011

Ready, Set, Go!

After the excitement of the holiday workshops buzz, today was back to school day! 

It was great to be surrounded by everyone, Staff and students, who were happy to see one another again.

I absolutely love that I didn't have to try to get any Staff members to 'buy into' all the ideas that I came back with, and already I have set up appointments for demo's to be given at our school for various products, and scheduled a visit to a school close by who are already using this technology.

This term will see us begin to find technology that we can use to teach IN the classroom - so not waiting for the students to "come to computers' ... but taking technology in all forms to them in the class, making learning way more interactive and fun. 

Here are some products that we are comparing to see what works best for us:





Already one of our teachers has come to me and said: "We are doing Reduce, Reuse, Recycle this term.  How can we broaden this using ICT?"

My board at home is filling up squiggles, arrows, boxes and ideas for Projects! 

In fact, I am going to have to organise a clocking in machine at home so at some point I stop thinking about them! 

I am so thankful for my working environment and all involved there - there is a saying that goes something like "If you find a job that you love, you'll never have to work a day in your life."

I definately believe this applies to me.

2 comments:

  1. Always a great read Lisa. Love the home time clock idea. There is certainly a shift from hanging your professional coat up when you walk in the door. Gleaning opportunities - Music software here we come ... The Sha-ness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allie says:
    You're in such a great space of life right now, Lis!
    SO lekker!

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think?

Reverse Culture Shock & Difficult Questions

The days are moving on and soon we will be home home. There seems to be a common thought coming through from friends there and here - Prepar...