Sunday, February 3, 2013

Creative Image Bearers

I am still in Genesis. I am ashamed that there was a time that I thought "Why go here, it's so familiar, I have read it a 1000 times." I am humbled by Gods grace in allowing me to discover Him in so many ways freshly in this study.

At the moment I am doing alot of reading on what it means to bear the image of God.  Just one of the paragraphs I have come across this week is how we reflect His creativity. Often we think of creativity in terms of just "making something new", or "job creation" or "creating wealth".

I loved what Atkinson writes about how we reflect the creativity of God:
"If our human creativity is to reflect something of God, it will not be concerned simply with what is new, economically productive or artistically expressive. It will go beyond these to seek to reflect God's concern for a world and society of which he can say, "This is good."  
Our human creativity should seek to mirror God's, within the freedom of the obedience of faith, to confront the formless and disordered places of our world, and our lives, and make them places of beauty and goodness. The concerns of town planners for an environment in which the good life can be lived; the work of doctors and therapists in seeking to facilitate that health which is the strength of good living; the personal growth in character which increasingly reflects the beauty and goodness of Christ: these and many others are all aspects of true creativity."
All we do and who we are, is a mirror of His creative reflection in and to the world.
He breathed his life, his creative Spirit into us.

How amazing is that!?



I think, it's pretttyyy darn amazing.


4 comments:

So, what do you think?

Reverse Culture Shock & Difficult Questions

The days are moving on and soon we will be home home. There seems to be a common thought coming through from friends there and here - Prepar...