Monday, September 8, 2014

Anti-Litterbug

The sun was shining this morning.

I say this in a sentence on it's own because it has been a rare occurrence recently. Apparently this has been our wettest autumn since 1947!

After my morning coffee I decided to just take a walk around my city and enjoy feeling the warmth on my skin again.  I came across this exhibition in one of the squares which is making a statement about littering.  I am sure I do not need to spell it out for you.

When I was still in Primary School, we went on a camp called "School in the Wild" and at the end of it, we were asked if we would like to sign a "Promise" to ourselves that we wouldn't litter again. Although I don't think I was a litterbug before the time, I was far more aware of littering after the camp and can say in absolute honesty, that I haven't littered since signing that piece of paper.

All that to say that this strong exhibition doesn't need to be translated into every language - because it crosses that barrier and settles directly into ones conscience.































With so many options for recycling these days, so few things are really waste - let's do our bit to keep our world beautiful for the generations to come.

* * * 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?

Reverse Culture Shock & Difficult Questions

The days are moving on and soon we will be home home. There seems to be a common thought coming through from friends there and here - Prepar...